enable you to make progress in your personal or work
Common reasons people come for coaching are:
- Feeling a bit stuck, but don’t know what they want.
- Have self-defeating beliefs that get in the way.
- Want to take more risks, but fear failure or rejection.
- Want to be stress free.
- Feeling anxious about something or everything.
- Feeling sorry for themselves! We all do it, but it can get out of hand.
- To remove psychological blocks that hinder them.
- Need to get beyond just thinking of changing.
- Want to be more confident.
- Perfectionist tendencies causing them problems.
- Want to make better decisions.
- Want to move forward instead of ruminating about the past.
- Want to manage their physical pain better to enhance their quality of life.
- Want a better life, but not sure how to go about it.
What People Have Said
I would thoroughly recommend Steps to Change if you want to become more liberated, motivated and confident in how you approach challenges in both your work and personal life. Olwen is a fantastic sounding board and even if you find talking about and exploring why and how you react to different situations, she can steer you towards a more useful and positive response. Olwen’s guidance and counsel has transformed the way I think about and tackle issue, both the mundane and the more challenging.
Jean Birrell, Downing LLP, London
I thoroughly recommend Olwen. Three sessions with her & I had dealt with the things that were holding me back and have a realistic plan that I'm truly bought into to achieve my future goals.
Her sessions are expertly facilitated. The use of a whiteboard to capture my words & thoughts worked really well. As did planning in a physical way. Her approach to my "homework" meant I felt she was genuinely invested in my progress throughout. This, a city centre location & all for the equivalent of giving up on my daily coffee for a month so made it very accessible. I'm glad I made the investment.
S. Morgan, Glasgow.
I can't recommend Olwen highly enough. She took me from a place of almost complete insomnia, extremely low mood and severe depression combined with panic attacks, to a place of being at peace with myself, enabled me to look at things totally differently and change my very fixed thinking. I will always be indebted to her for her genuine interest, listening skills and willingness to invest in me. I have all of her valuable advice saved in my 'Olwen' file, and know that I can always refer to it whenever I need to. My sessions with Olwen have genuinely been life-changing and I can still hardly believe that I'm actually able to sleep at nights now! My sessions with Olwen have been the most valuable three month period of this year.
Anne D, Edinburgh.